Jacob R. Mead
b.3 Mar 1830
Facts and Events
Photo of Jacob's tombstone on FindAGrave.com
Civil War Service
- Private, Company C, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 15 August 1862
- Died [10 or 12] March 1863 at Covington, Kentucky
- Tombstone lists that he was a member of Company E, 117th Ohio Volunteer Infantry
- Widow's Pension: Application 26251, Certificate 30921
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Find A Grave.
- ↑ Official Roster states date of death was 12 March 1863.