Facts and Events
Henry Harless was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Information on Henry Harless
- •ID: I31647
- •Name: Henry Harless
- •Given Name: Henry
- •Surname: Harless
- •Sex: M
- •Birth: Abt 1752 in Natural Bridge, Augusta County, Virginia
- •Death: 25 Mar 1815 in Madison County, Alabama
- •Note: Bought and sold various tracts in present Montgomery Co., VA and moved with part of his family to Tennessee about 1800. A record in Christiansburg as of date 1810 mentions him as living in Anderson Co., TN, and he "appoints my son Samuel Wall with the power of attorney." [possibly a son-in-law?] He perhaps did not tarry so long in Tennessee but went on to Georgia, and the Harlesses of that state are doubtless his issue. Henry left at least one daughter Mary in Virginia who in 1797 married her cousin Philip Harless, son of David. Heavener, German New River Settlement, p. 61. Will is in Will Book A, Madison Co., AL, pp. 115-16.
- Father: Johan Philip Harless b: Abt 1716 in Nürnburg, Karlsruhe, Baden, Palatinate, Germany
- Mother: Anna Margaretha Price b: 21 Sep 1713 in Offenbach, Bayern, Germany
- Marriage 1 Charity Heavener b: Aft 1752
- •Married: Bef 1773
- 1. Mary Harless b: Abt 1773 in Augusta (Montgomery) County, Virginia
- Marriage 2 Elizabeth Provine b: Bef 1775
- •Married: Aft 1795
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.
Help fund new features!