George W. Zimmerman
Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- Application 699435; no certificate number listed (an indication that the application was not approved)
- Widow's Pension: Application 524188, Certificate 393802
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Civil War Soldiers Buried in Scioto, Pike, Ohio,.
- ↑ Ohio Genealogical Society. Erie County Chapter. Ohio Veteran's Home death records, January 3, 1889 through December 31, 1983. (Sandusky, Ohio: Erie Co. Chapt. OGS, 1984), not paginated.
- The Civil War Soldiers of Scioto Township site lists him as being in Company G. However, there is no George Zimmerman listed in Company G in either the Official Roster or in the Civil War Soldiers System database.