Facts and Events
George McAfee was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 155.--11th February, 1763. James ( ) McAfee, Sr., to George McAfee, £100, 190 acres, part of 300 acres patented to James, 15th December, 1749, on Catawbo, a branch of James River; corner James McAfee, Jr. Delivered: James McAfee, Jr., February, 1765.
- Page 62.--19th August, 1766. Gabriel Jones and Margaret to James, George and Robert McAfee, £107.10, tract purchased by Gabriel of James McCown, and he from Robert Poage, on Catawpa, a branch of James River. Delivered: Francis Smith, 1st October, 1767.
Records of George McAfee in Augusta County, VA
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 21, 1767. - (239) Joseph McMurty and George McAfe to view a way from McMurty's Mill, through McAfee's Gap, to the Wagon Road.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 19, 1767. - (360) Joseph McMurty and George McAfee reported that there were not enough tithables convenient to make a wagon road from McMurty's Mill thro' McAfee's Gap to the wagon road, and it was only practicable to clear it for carrying loads on horseback until the country is better settled, which is ordered, and Joseph McMurty and James McAfee, Jr., to be surveyors and work with the tithables on Craig's Creek and its branches from Gatlive's up, and on Catabo from Alexander Smith's up.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 16, 1768. - (501) Hemp certificates: Saml. Lyle, Robt. McAfee, John Hall, James McAfee, Wm. McAfee, John Lyle, Jr., Geo. McAfee, John Berry, James Lyle.
- Page 130.--18th March, 1771. William Currey to James Currey, £20, 130 acres in Beverley Manor; corner McCorkel's land; corner James Moody, Andrew Cowan's line; corner William Curry. Teste: George McAfee. Wliliam Cowan. Delivered: James Curry, 1st June, 1773.
- ↑ .
New Providence Church Cemetery
Mercer County, Kentucky
•McAfee, George, April 5, 1740 – April 14, 1803
•McAfee, Susanna, October 8, 1740 – September 3, 1810, consort of George McAfee
Help fund new features!