Facts and Events
||3 Jan 1802
||Swinton (near Malton), North Riding of Yorkshire, England
||31 Jan 1802
||Appleton Le Street, North Riding of Yorkshire, England
||22 Mar 1830
||Settrington, East Riding of Yorkshire, Englandto Martha Maw
||14 Jan 1861
||Reach, Ontario, Ontario, CanadaCensus of Canada 1861
||2 Apr 1871
||Reach, Ontario, Ontario, CanadaCensus of Canada 1871
||9 Jun 1872
||Reach, Ontario, Ontario, Canada
||Hillman Cemetery, Utica, Reach, Ontario, Ontario, Canada
- ↑ Reg'n 024088/72, in Ontario, Canada. Ontario Deaths,1869-1937 and Overseas Deaths, 1939-1947. (Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Archives of Ontario), MS935, Reel 3, Vol A, Primary quality.
George Lyle died 9th June 1872, male, 70yrs 5mos & 6days, farmer, born England.
Cause of death: chronic bronchitis and asthma, 2yrs & 2mos
Informant: Pamela Lyle, widow, Reach.
[Error in registration: Pamela was his daughter and the most likely informant, but his wife Martha was still alive and another member of the household at the time was his widowed daughter Elizabeth.]
- ↑ Monumental Inscription, Hillman Cemetery, Utica, Township, Ontario, Canada.
George LYLE who died June 9, 1872 age 70 years, 5 months, 5 days, also Martha, wife of the above [rest of stone broken].
- ↑ Canada. 1861 Census of Canada. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada), C-1058; page 78, line 7ff, 14 Jan 1861, Secondary quality.
Canada West, District: Ontario, SubDistrict: Reach
George Lisle, farmer, b England, 59, male, marital status omitted
Martha Lisle, --, b England, 53, female, marital status omitted
[6 children at home]
In 1861 the family surname was incorrectly recorded by the enumerator.
- ↑ Canada. 1871 Census of Canada. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada), C-9975-6 , page 29, family 99, 2 Apr 1871, Secondary quality.
Ontario, District 49: Ontario County, SubDistrict 9: Reach Twp
Lyle, George, 68, m, b England, farmer, married
Lyle, Marth, 63, f, b England, married
[5 children and 1 grandchild at home]
- ↑ George's date of birth was calculated from the death date as found both on the gravestone and the death registration. The baptismal date and place were found independently and confirmed that George Lyle born in Swinton was George Lyle died in Reach.