Facts and Events
Frederick Michael was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 332.--31st October, 1788. Robert Gragg to Frederick Michel, of Rockingham, 513 acres patented to Robert, 6th April, 1769; 70 acres on Nores Run of North River of Shanidore, patented to Robert, 10th April, 1781; 400 acres patented to Robert, 1st June, 1782; near Castle Hill.
Will of Frederick Michael
- Page 315.--29th May, 1798. Frederick Michael's will--To wife, Elizabeth, to live with son Christian; to six sons, viz: John Michael, Christian, George, Jacob, Frederick, William, 100 acres each; saw mill on John's tract; to daughters. Executors, son John and son-in-law Henry Simman (?). Teste: C. Percy, John Percy. Proved, 18th September, 1798, by the Percys and Jacob Hoffer.
- Page 34.--Frederick Michael's estate appraisement by John Stephenson, James Snap, James Miller. Recorded, 23d September 1799.
Records of Frederick Michael in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 166.--16th February, 1763. William Wilson and Agness to Robt. Gragg, £20, 200 acres, part of 400 acres on North Fork of North River of Shanandoe patented to William, 25th March, 1752; David Williams' land. Delivered: Frederick Michael, 7th March, 1792.
- Page 258.--19th May, 1767. William Shannon and Jean ( ) to Robert Gragg, £35, 100 acres, part of 400 patented to William Humphrey, 25th June, 1747, and by him conveyed to Henry Smith, and by him to Wm. Shannon, on North River Shanando, white oak on Castle Hill. Teste: Samuel McFeeters, Moses Hall, John ( ) Cozby. Delivered: Frederick Michael, 7th March, 1792.
- Page 360.-(undated, appears to be abt. July/Sept. 1789)-Patent to William Wilson, 25th March 1762. Teste: Nicholas ( ) Trowerbough, John ( ) Keglan, Wm. King. Frederick Michael
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1790-- November 16, Jacob Daggey and Elizabeth Michael daughter of Frederick Michael (consent); surety, Richard Roach (Roche); witness, Terrence Swiney.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1796--May 30, Geo. Wikel, Jr., and Fredk. Michael, surety. Geo. Wikel, Jr., and Madelina Michael, daughter of said Frederick.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1797--October 17, Philip Weigle and Geo. Weigle, surety. Philip Weigle and Ann Michael, daughter of Fredk. Michael.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1800--September 22, George Moirs and John Michael, surety. George Moirs and Margaret Michael, daughter of Fredk. Michael, deceased.
- Vol. 2 - 22d September, 1800--John Michael, guardian of Margaret, orphan of Frederick Michael.
- Vol. 2 - Insolvents and Delinquents, 1800: Christian Michael, to French Broad; Fredrick Michael, to French Broad; (listed among many others, since this Frederick had died in 1798, this record is certainly referring to his sons that had left Augusta for "French Broad", much of which later became the state of Tennessee).
- Chalkley's Augusta County, Virginia Records
Help fund new features!