- H. William Simpson (add)
- W. Emma Overton1860 - 1900
m. 14 Sep 1893
Facts and Events
||1 Apr 1860
||Bardney, Lincolnshire, EnglandOn 23 April 1860, the birth of Emma was registered by her mother, Emma Overton “formerly Hall”, from Bardney. (Emma made her mark.) It was stated that she was the daughter of George Overton, occ. wood dealer.
||6 Apr 1860
||Bardney, Lincolnshire, England“Emma dr. of George and Emma Overton”, from Bardney, was baptized by Wm. Walker. George's profession was given as “carpenter”.
||7 Apr 1861
||Bardney, Lincolnshire, Englandon Ferry Road
Emma, daughter of George Overton (occ. carpenter), was also residing with her father's wife Emma and children William, Mary J., Henry G., Amelia, and John T.
||2 Apr 1871
||Bardney, Lincolnshire, Englandon Ferry Road
Emma, daughter of George Overton (occ. timber merchant), was also residing with her father's wife Emma and children Mary J., Henry G. (occ. carpenter), John T., Edwin, and “Alfred”. She was attending school (occ. “scholar”).
||26 Oct 1871
||Port of New York, United StatesEmma Overton arrived in New York on the S.S. Wisconsin by 26 October. The ship originated in Liverpool and made a stop in Queenstown (Cobh), Ireland. She was traveling with her mother, Emma Overton, and five siblings.
||29 Aug 1875
||Vernon, Missouri, United StatesStephen Weeks [or Wicks] and Emma Overton were united in marriage by H. A. Wight, J. P.
to Stephen Wicks
||1 Jun 1880
||Kansas City, Jackson, Missouri, United Statesat Independence Ave., in a dwelling housing 6 families
Stephen Wicks (occ. plasterer) was residing with his wife Emma and daughters “Emilia”, Rosa, and Nellie.
with Stephen Wicks
||14 Sep 1893
||Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah, United StatesWilliam A. Simpson, age 36, and Emma Wickes, age 33, were married.
to William Simpson (add)
||1 Jun 1900
||Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah, United Statesat 449 2nd E. St., in a home that was rented
William A. Simpson (occ. groom, livery) was residing with his wife Emma, daughter Amelia (occ. waitress), son Marcus W. (occ. teamster), daughter Pearl W. (who attended school), and granddaughter Edna Hamblin. It was stated that 4 of Emma's 6 children were living.
with William Simpson (add)
||23 Aug 1900
||Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah, United Statesat 449 S. 2nd E. St.
Emma Simpson (occ. housewife), age 40, died at home.
||Salt Lake City Cemetery, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah, United StatesThe grave marker is inscribed, “WICKS; STEPHEN, 1853–1893; EMMA O., 1860–1900”.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Church of England. Parish Church of Bardney (Lincolnshire). Parish registers, 1653–1976. (Lincoln: Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1974; Lincoln: Lincolnshire Archives Office, 1988–1990), Lincolnshire Archives: BARDNEY PAR 1/14 (Baptisms 1845-1876), p 55, no 437.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 “Emma Overton”, in General Register Office. England and Wales. Civil Registration Certificates. (London, United Kingdom: General Register Office), 07a: 437, Lincoln, registered 23 April 1860.
Certificate of birth registered in Lincoln, 23 April 1860, by Emma Overton, mother.
- ↑ Passenger list of the S.S. Wisconsin, in New York City, New York, United States. Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York, 1820-97. (National Archives Microfilm Publication M237), roll 350, list 1079, p 7, ln 37, list dated 26 Oct. 1871.
- ↑ ED 16, Bardney parish, Lincolnshire, in General Register Office. The National Archives (TNA): Public Record Office (PRO) RG 9 General Register Office: 1861 Census Schedules, RG 9/2356 (FHL #542958), f 4, pp 1–2, household 5, George Overton household, [digital image, Ancestry.com].
- ↑ ED 16, Bardney parish, Lincolnshire, in General Register Office. The National Archives (TNA): Public Record Office (PRO) RG 10 General Register Office: 1871 Census Schedules, RG 10/3367 (FHL #839363), f 23, p 1, household 2, George Overton household, [digital image, Ancestry.com].
- ↑ ED 7, 1st Ward Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah, in United States. 1900 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T624), roll 1684 (FHL #1241684), folio 77, sheet 5B, line 85, Emma Simpson, [digital image, Ancestry.com], enumerated 5/6 June 1900.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Utah, United States. Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849-1949. (FamilySearch Record Search), DGS 004139834, image 259; from Death registers 1890-1908, FHL #26554, p 127, ln B4819, cert D.10497.
Emma Simpson was born in England.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 “Emma Overton Wicks”, in Find A Grave, memorial 73732428. Viewed digital image of grave marker.