Facts and Events
||20 Apr 1890
||Cavalier County, North Dakota, United States
||16 May 1910
||West Reserve, Manitoba, Canada
||7 Mar 1918
||West Reserve, Manitoba, Canadato Katharina Banman
||19 Nov 1918
||Altona, Manitoba, CanadaCause: from influenza (in the 1918/1919 influenza epidemic)
||Altona, Manitoba, Canada
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Manitoba Mennonite Historical Society; Sommerfeld Mennonite Church; Henry Unger; Martha Martens; and Adolf Ens. Sommerfeld Gemeinde Buch: Registers of the Church at West Lynne 1881-1935. (Winnipeg, Manitoba: Manitoba Mennonite Historical Society, 2004), page 2B340.
Johann Fehr, born 1859 Sep 22, baptized 1879 Jun 3, died 1923 Feb 15, [son of David Fehr and Maria Neufeld], ref. R292-1b
married 1881 Aug 14:
Helena Sawatzky, born 1863 Dec 9, baptized 1881 May 10, died 1921 Apr 12, [daughter of Jacob Sawatzky and Maria Harder], ref. 1A115
Children of this marriage:
David Fehr, born 1882 Sep 12, died 1882 Oct 17
Maria, born 1884 Feb 15, baptized 1903 Jun 1, [died 1956 Dec 6], married Jakob Bergen, ref. 2B415
Jakob, born 1886 Apr 10, baptized 1907 May 20, [married Helena Peters], ref. 2B568
Johann, born 1888 May 25, baptized 1908 Jun 8, [married Helena Dueck], ref. 2B487
David, born 1890 Apr 20, baptized 1910 May 16, [married Katharina Banman], ref. 3A392
Helena, born 1892 Jul 20, died 1892 Jul 28
Peter, born 1893 Jul 18, died 1893 Jul 26
Helena, born 1894 Jun 23, baptized 1912 May 27, married Johann Schroeder, ref. 3A077
Katharina, born 1897 Dec 25, baptized 1915 May 24 (Langdon ND), married Jakob A Braun, ref. 3A282
"Ref." indicates a reference to a page in this or another church book. Information in square brackets  was added by the editors, from other sources.
Dates prior to immigration to Canada may be given according to the Julian ("old world") calendar, which was 12 days behind the Gregorian (modern) calendar in the 1800's.
- ↑ Berlin, Cavalier, North Dakota, in United States. 1900 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T624).
John Fehr, born Apr 1855 (age 45) in Russia (both parents born in Russia), married for 19 years, immigrated to US in 1888, farmer
wife: Helen Fehr, born Jan 1859 (age 40) in Russia (both parents born in Russia), mother of 9 children (6 living)
daughter: Mary Fehr, born Feb 1883 (age 17) in Russia
son: Jacob Fehr, born Aug 1885 (age 14) in Russia
son: John Fehr, born May 1888 (age 12) in N Dak
son: David Fehr, born April 1890 (age 10) in N Dak
daughter: Helen Fehr, born Jan 1894 (age 6) in N Dak
daughter: Katie Fehr, born Dec 1896 (age 3) in N Dak
- ↑ registration #1918-066061, in Manitoba Vital Statistics Online Database.
David D Fehr died 19/11/1918 in Altona, age 28 years
- ↑ David Stobbe (1877-1957), compiler (updated after his death, probably by his son David Stobbe (b. 1905), Sawat, page 7.
'David Fehr Sohn von Helena Sawatzky ... verheiratet mit Tina Banman und beide im Jahre 1918 an der Flue gestorben.'
translation: David Fehr, son of Helena Sawatzky, married Tina Banman and in 1918, both died from the flu.
- ↑ Family records.
- ↑ Manitoba, Lisgar, in Canada. 1916 Census of Prairie Provinces.
Johann D Fehr, age 57, immigrated to Canada in 1874, farmer
wife: Helena Fehr, age 54, immigrated to Canada in 1875
son: David Fehr, age 24, born in U.S.A., immigrated to Canada in 1901, farmer's son
all Mennonite, living on township 2, range 1, west of 1st meridian, in RM of Rhineland
- Manitoba, Lisgar, townships 2, 3 in range 2 west, in Canada. 1906 Census of Northwest Provinces. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada).
John Vehr, age 46, born in Russia, immigrated in 1878
wife: Helena Vehr, age 42, born in Russia, immigrated in 1875
son: Jacob Vehr, age 19, born in Man
son: John Vehr, age 18, born in Man
son: David Vehr, age 16, born in Man
daughter: Helena Vehr, age 12, born in Man
daughter: Katarina Vehr, age 9, born in Man
living on section 23, township 2, range 2, west of 1st meridian, post office address Altona
- Manitoba, Lisgar, 39 Township 2 in range 1 west of 1st M, in Canada. 1911 Census of Canada. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada), page 22.
Johan Fehr, born October 1859 (age 51) in Russia, farmer
wife: Helena Fehr, born December 1863 (age 47) in Russia
son: David Fehr, born Aprill 1890 (age 21) in Man
daughter: Helena Fehr, born June 1894 (age 16) in Man
daughter: Tina Fehr, born December 1897 (age 13) in Man
living on section 18, township 2, range 1, west of 1st meridian
- ↑ It is assumed that his parents lived in Cavalier County (Langdon township and/or the no longer existing Berlin township) from 1888, when they immigrated to the U.S., to 1901, when the family moved back to Canada.