Facts and Events
Charles Boyle was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 17.--10th March, 1769. Same (Borden's executors) to Charles Boyl, £10, 180 acres, part of 92100, Low Todd's line.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - A Register of the persons who have been either killed, wounded or taken prisoner by the enemy in Augusta County, as also of such as have made their escape. 1756, at September 13th-14th, Nicholas Carpenter, at Jackson River, killed; _____ Fry, at Jackson River, killed; Steven Sowel, at Jackson River, killed; James Mais, at Jackson River, killed; James Montgomery, at Jackson River, killed; Nicholas Nut, at Jackson River, killed; John Bird, at Jackson River, killed; George Kinkead, at Jackson River, killed; Mrs. Boyl, at Jackson River, killed; 3 Parsinger children, at Jackson River, killed; Joseph Swobe, at Jackson River, wounded; _____Willson, at Jackson River, wounded; 5 children belonging to Charles Boyl, at Jackson River, prisoners.
- Page 314.--2d November, 1763. Joseph McCord's vendue--Sold to Patrick Finley, Joseph Walker, James Logan, James Moore, Mary Brown, Jno. McCord, James McCallister, Alex. Telford, Jno. Somers, Mary Ann Clendennin, David Telford, Wm. McKee, Charles Boyles, W. Wolsy, James Gordon, Thos. Grubbs, Elizabeth Woods.
- Page 435.--21st October, 1765. Sale bill recorded of William Culberts, by Wm. Gilmore, administrator, to, viz: Mary Brown, Margaret McCown, Patrick Denny, Andw. Fitzpatrick, Mary Boyls, Mary Ann Crawford, Jas. Logan, Wm. McCanless, David Guin, Jane Scot, Wm. Ooley, Jno. Selone, Jas. McCampbell, Richard McGee, Jean Muldrach, Alex. Dale, Chas. Boyles. Paid William Naper, Jannet Gilmore, Samuel Norwood, Blakeley Brush, Isabell Summers, Elizabeth Woods, Mary McCown, Sarah Davis, John Hays, Cryer of Vendue; James McNabb.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 15, 1768. - (474) John Mitchell (in Forks of James) enempted from levy. Charles Boyles, exempted from levy.
Help fund new features!