- H. Archibald Smithersbef 1748 -
- W. Cecilia (add)
Facts and Events
Archibald Smithers was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 324.—21st March, 1769. William Lewis and Ann to Archibald Smathers, £15. 100 acres on a branch of James's River called Back Creek, about three miles above Allen's land below Falling Spring Run. Delivered: Archibald Smithers, March, 1778.
- Page 327.—21st March, 1769. Same to same (William Lewis and Ann to Archibald Smathers), £37.10, 172 acres on Back Creek of James River above Allen's land.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 342.--On Back Creek of James River, above Hickman's land, below Falling Spring Run, Archabald ( ) Smithers and Cecilia to Alexander Hamilton. Teste: Samuel Vance, Charles Hamilton, John ( ) Daivs.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 412.--3d June, 1769. David Graham's estate appraised by John Davis, Archibald Smithers, Wm. Hutcheson. Accounts against, viz., Job Fletcher, Thomas Mann, Robert Vachob, Jas. Fitzpatrick.
- Page 20.--17th November, 1772. Andrew Sutlington's bond (with James Gay, Archibald A. Smithers) as administrator of William Sutlington.
- Page 44.--21st November, 1772. Recorded. James Gregory's appraisement by William Hutcheson, Archibald Smithers, John Vance.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 18, 1778. - (340) Commission for priv. examination of Cecilia, wife of Archibald Smithers, as to land conveyed to Alexr. Hamilton.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1779 (E). - Archibald Smithers vs. John Bodkin and Thomas Nealle.--Writ, 19th March, 1778. Botkin draughted to the fort.
Help fund new features!