- H. Archibald Fisher1734 - 1805
- W. Elizabeth Sharp (add)
m. 11 December 1797
Facts and Events
Archibald Fisher was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 211.--5th March, 1767. James ( ) McAffee and Jannet ( ) to Archibald Fisher, £55, 150 acres on Catawbo of James River, joining John Bryan's land, opposite mouth of Holeston's Branch. Teste: James Curry, William Fleming, Andrew Woods. Delivered: Archibald Fisher, March, 1773.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1767 (C). - Fisher and wife vs. Armstrong.--Archibald Fisher and Susanna, his wife, late Susanna Shaddon (1766), administratrix of Mathew Shaddon, November, 1765.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1767 (D). - John Brent vs. Archibald Fisher and Susanna, his wife, late Susanna Shaddon, administratrix Mathew Shaddon, deceased.--Writ, 28th May, 1767. Mathew Shaddon's bond dated 20th March, 1762.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 17, 1767. - (341) Grand jurors: Nathanl. Evans, Joseph Raburn, Saml. McPheeters, Francis Erwin, Robt. Thompson, Henry Stone, James McCain, John Ramsey, Archibald Fisher, John White, Henry Campbell, Saml. Briggs, Richd. Renalds, Hugh Hays, Joseph Malcolm, David Laird, John Francis, John Black, James Leatherdale, John McClure, Hugh Donaho.
- Vol. 1 - MAY, 1768 (A). - Archibald Fisher and Susanna, his wife, administratrix of Matt Shaddon, vs. James Robinson.--9th August, 1766. Susanna Shaddon (alias Fisher), administratrix of Mathew Shaddon swears that her late husband stated the account vs. James Robinson. The money was due from George Robinson, deceased, and was never paid.
- Page 379.--22d March, 1770. John Donnelly, Sr.'s, estate settlement recorded--William Preston, administrator, 1765. 1765, cash paid Saml. Piper for making a coffin. 1765, 29th October, cash paid Joseph Cloyd for rum for vendue. Cash paid Drewry Puckett, James McAffee, David Fleming, Joseph McDonald, Conrad Wall, James Cloyd, administratrix of Abraham Biss. Has paid the widow her thirds, and three of the children. Estate sold at vendue to, viz: Danl. McCormick, Walter Stewart, Drury Puckett, Archd. Fisher, Michael Reesener, James Laughlin, Elizabeth Hance, George Darr, Wm. Thornton.
- Page 57.--16th March, 1773. Mathew Shawdon's estate to Susannah Shadon, executrix--Cash paid Robert Shipley, Archibald Fisher, James and Joseph Snodgrass, William Bumpass. Whiskey for the funeral, 20/0.
Information on Archibald Fisher
Archibald Fisher lived in Augusta Co. VA, 1767- 1773 where he owned land; in Stanley Valley, Hawkins Co., Tenn. (then Washington Co. Va.) where he owned land in 1777 signed the second petition to Va. by north of Holston (River) men? ; in Knoxville, Tenn. where he ? (4)+ owned land; and abt. 1802 moved to Randolph Co., Ill., settling in Springfield Township on nine mile creek just west of Kaskaskia River near the present town of Ellis Grove, where he developed a farm and died.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).
Help fund new features!