Facts and Events
John Andrew Vaught was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Andrew Vaught acquired land from his father John Vaught (as mentioned below) in the following Augusta County, Virginia records. This land was located on the South Branch of the Shenandoah River based upon the land records of neighboring settlers.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 107.--12th February, 1763. Andrew ( ) Balfaut and Elizabeth ( ) (Faut) to Christian Clemans. £5, 266 acres, part of 400 acres patented to John Balfaut, 20th February, 1745. Pat. Frazier's line. Teste: George Faut. Delivered: Christian Clemmons, May, 1766.
- Page 109.--15th February, 1763. Same (Andrew ( ) Balfaut and Elizabeth ( ) (Faut)) to Gasper Balfaut, his brother, £2, 67 acres, art of 400 acres patented to John Balfaut, 20th February, 1745, on a small branch of Shanando; cor. Christian Clemmon's land. Teste: Jacob Lingell. Delivered: Casper Fought, April, 1779.
Records of Andrew Vaught in Augusta County, VA
- Page 447.--6th December, 1753. Sale bill of Nicholas Trout's estate to, viz: Jno. Love, Jno. Hales, Patrick Wilson, Jno. Walles, Valentine Pence, Wm. Logan, Gasper Faught, Jacob Sink, Andw. Faught, Evan Evans, Pat. Kinney, widow Trout, Nicholas Millberry, Thos. Crawford, Geo. Trout, Jno. Craig. Setttlement of above estate by Geo. Trout, administrator, recorded 21st May, 1766--Cash paid for liquor at the vendue, 5 gallons at 3/; cash paid for liquor at a grubbing frolick, 6 quarts at 9 per quart, £0.5.6.; cash paid for 6 quarts liquor at the funeral, £0.4.6.; paid Teter Couts, Bernard Man. Contra--Received from John Capebritton.
- Page 147.--5th April, 1751. Sale held of the estate of Jacob Pence, and settlement of estate by Peter Miller, executor of Val. Pence, who was executor of Jacob Pence, recorded 18th May, 1762. Sold to Henry Dooley, James Bartley, Wm. Craig, Jno. Fudge, James Downey, Joseph Wait, Repentance Townsend, Jacob Harman, Saml. Muncy, Robt. Hook, Danl. Love, David Loran, Wm. Beard, Johnston Hill, David Crighton; to cash. Paid Jno. Wright, Henry Perkey, Jno. Maggart, Andw. Faught, Jacob Pence. Nicholas Trout, Thos. Crawford, Archd. Huston.
- Page 50.--9th October, 1759. Johan Paul Faught's (John Bellfaught) will--Wife, sole executrix; wife, Mary Katrine; 3 children, Katrine Cleman, Andrew and Casper Faught. Teste: Archd. Huston, Peter Funk, Catrine Funk. Proved, 18th August, 1761, by Huston and Peter Funk. Mary Catrine qualifies, with Christian Cleman, Geo. Trout (signed, Cath. Fought).
- Page 507.--18th August, 1766. Release of dower in deed, 16th February,, 1763, by Andrew Balfaut to Christian demons (s/b Christian Clements), by Elizabeth, wife of Andrew.
Help fund new features!