Facts and Events
||25 Oct 1835
||Hulme, Manchester, Lancashire, England
||22 May 1836
||Manchester, Lancashire, England
||15 NOV 1866
||Boone, Boone, Iowato Viola Ann Case
||15 Jul 1870
||Montana, Boone, Iowa, United States
||15 Jul 1870
||Montana, Boone, Iowa, United Stateswith Viola Ann Case
||Garden, Boone, Iowa, United States
||Garden, Boone, Iowa, United Stateswith Viola Ann Case
||14 Jun 1890
||Canadian, Oklahoma, United Stateswith Viola Ann Case
||6 Jun 1900
||Frisco, Canadian, Oklahoma, United States
||6 Jun 1900
||Frisco, Canadian, Oklahoma, United Stateswith Viola Ann Case
||25 Mar 1907
||El Reno, Canadian, Oklahoma
||26 Mar 1907
||El Reno, Canadian, Oklahoma, United States1002 So. Hoff avenue, El Reno, Oklahoma
||Matthewson Cemetery, Canadian, Oklahoma
1890 Oklahoma Territorial Census
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 El Reno American, in Barker, Carolyn. Obituaries from El Reno newspapers, Canadian County, Oklahoma. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1984), FHL film #1398711, item 3, p. 64, 26 Mar 1907, Secondary quality.
El Reno American
March 26, 1907
DEATH OF ALFRED WILLIAMS
Aged El Renolto Dies Suddenly of
Alfred Williams passed away suddenly yesterday afternoon at about 2:16 o'clock at his home, 1002 So. Hoff avenue. He had been suffering for the past two weeks with neuralgia of the stomach, but was apparently much better yesterday. Death was to him as painless as it was sudden. Laying his head back in his chair, he took one long breath and then breathing ceased altogether. He was seventy-one years old, and leaves six children to mourn his death. There are four sons, H. C. Williams of Piedmont, W. O. Williams, who lives at Tacoma, Washington A. E. Williams at Chicago, and Ralph Williams of this place. The daughters are Mrs. L. R. Bennett of Piedmont, and Miss Ethel Williams of this city. The wife of the deceased and the mother of the above named children has been dead six years, and her remains lie at rest in the cemetery at Matthewson.
Mr. Williams had lived in El Reno for nearly two years and during that short period had made many friends here who sympathize deeply with the bereaved children.
The funeral services will be held tomorrow morning at 9:30 o'clock in the Rock Island Avenue M. E. Church, of which the deceased was a member. Rev. Carter, the pastor, will conduct the services. His remains will be placed beside those of his wife in the cemetery at Matthewson.
Obituary in the El Reno American
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 FHL Film #438173: Baptisms, 1836-1838, in Church of England. Cathedral Church (Manchester, Lancashire). Parish registers for the Cathedral Church, Manchester, 1573-1946, p. 293, no. 2339, 22 May 1836, Primary quality.
Born Oct. 25th 1835
When Baptized Child's Christian Name Parents' Christian Name Parents' Surname Abode
Whit Sunday, May twenty-second Alfred William and Ann Maria Williams Hulme
- ↑ Montana, Boone County, Iowa, in United States. 1870 U.S. Census Population Schedule, 15 Jul 1870, Primary quality.
- ↑ Garden Township, Boone County, Iowa, in Iowa, United States. 1885 Iowa State Census. (FamilySearch Record Search), 1885, Primary quality.
1885 Iowa State Census
- ↑ Frisco Township, Canadian County, Oklahoma, in United States. 1900 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T624), p. 77A, 6 Jun 1900, Primary quality.
- ↑ Perhaps the marking on the grave has become unreadable, because he is not listed in the cemetery transcription, though he is mentioned on his wife's headstone.