Facts and Events
Abraham Job was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of Abraham Job
Augusta County, Virginia record:
- Will Book 1-Page 269.--25th July, 1750. Abraham Job's will--Wife, Elizabeth; son, Elisha, trustee for the widow, and after her widowhood, equal executor with her; children Rebecca, Isaac (infant), Phoeby, David (infant), Hannah; daughter, Mary McCoy, and her son, Isaac McKay; son Isaac to be bound to James Brown, a hatter; son David to be bound to a saddler in that County which is called West Nottingham. Proved, 27th November, 1750, by Henry Netherton. Elizabeth, the widow, qualified executrix, c. t. a., nuncupative will.
- Page 270.--27th November, 1750. Elizabeth Job's bond as above, with Henry Netherton, Robert McCoy.
- Page 348.-28th May, 1751. Abraham Job's appraisement, by Henry Netherton, James McCoy, Frederick Frailey.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - MAY 12, 1746. - (43) Abraham Job-appd. Constable at Masaunting.
- Page 19.--19th February, 1746-7. Thomas Grubbs qualifies guardian of Abraham Drake, orphan of Abraham Drake, with sureties Abraham Jobe, James McCoy.
- Page 206--10th November, 1749. William Taylor's appraisement by Samuel Odel, Thos. Grubbs, Abraham Job. To Samuel Denton, Philip Crum.
- Page 253.--Shannandore, 4th June, 1750. Caleb Job's will--Wife, Barbary; four children, Samuel, Jacob, Nathan, Elizabeth. Executors, wife and Ephraim Leith. Teste: Abraham Job, Moses McKay. Proved, 28th May, 1750, by Job and McKay, and both executors gave bond (no bond recorded). (Note: Caleb Job was a brother of Abraham).
- Vol. 1 - MAY 22, 1753. - (498) Relict of Abraham Job has married Thomas Bragg and required to give counter security.