- Receive e-mail notifications of edits to pages you are "watching".
- Know immediately when someone has shared information about one of your ancestors.
- Protect your pages from spammers and vandals.
- By default, add any page you create or edit to your watchlist.
- Keep track of all WeRelate pages of interest.
Frequently asked questions
What is a watchlist?
- Your watchlist contains pages that you are interested in. You are notified whenever a page on your watchlist changes, or whenever its associated talk page changes. This allows you to keep up to date with the latest information on that page. It also allows you to collaborate with others without making your email address public.
How can I add pages to my watchlist?
- There are two ways to add a page to your watchlist:
- Click on the Watch link near the top of the screen when looking at the page.
- When editing a page, make sure the Watch this page checkbox at the bottom of the screen is selected. This box is automatically checked when you create or edit a page unless you have changed your preference settings.
How can I tell when a page on my watchlist has changed?
- There are three ways you can tell:
- Click on the My Relate tab in the blue menu bar and then on Dashboard. The number of pages in your watchlist that have changed since you last visited them is shown under the Watchlist heading. Click View watchlist to see exactly which pages have changed.
- Click on the My Relate tab and then on Watchlist to see a list of changes to the pages you are watching. Any bold type means that changes have occurred to that particular page that you have not reviewed yet.
- You may also opt to receive an email any time a page in your watchlist changes.
How can I tell what has changed on a page?
- When looking at a page that has changed, click on the History link near the top of the screen. Select the two versions of the page that you want to compare (the current and previous versions of the page are selected by default), and click on the Compare selected versions button. You will then see a side-by-side view of the differences, with the older version on the left and the newer version on the right.
How can I take pages off my watchlist?
- If you are viewing a page, you can "unwatch" it, by clicking on the Unwatch link at the top of the screen. Also, you can click on the My Relate link in the blue menu bar and then on Watchlist. On the watchlist page near the top, click on Show and edit complete watchlist. This takes you to a page where you can check pages to remove from your watchlist. Click on the Remove checked items from watchlist link at the bottom of the page.