Frequently asked questions
How can I find a page on WeRelate?
- If you know the exact title of the page, the easiest way is to type the url in your browser's address bar. The url of a WeRelate wiki page is "http://www.werelate.org/wiki/...", with the exact title (including namespace) at the end. For example, the url for the help index page (Help:Contents) is "http://www.werelate.org/wiki/Help:Contents". If there are spaces in the page title, most browsers will still find the page. If not, try substituting an underscore (_) for each space.
- Another method of finding a page is to use the Browse Pages function. In the blue menu bar at the top of the page, click on My Relate and then on Browse Pages. From here, you can look for either Watched pages or all pages. Change the namespace to the type of page you are looking for and then type the title into the appropriate field. If you are unsure of the exact title of the page, try typing just the first word which will bring up a list of results of pages that start with that word.
- Finally, you may use the Search function located in the blue menu bar at the top of the page.
- For more information on how to find a particular page on WeRelate see the research tutorial or the search tutorial.
How can I create a page on WeRelate?
- You can create various types of pages by visiting the relevant Add page. Click on the Add tab in the blue menu bar at the top of a page and then select the appropriate namespace to create the type of page you are interested in, such as person, family, place and source pages. Using the Add tab, you can also upload images. See the various tutorials for more indepth help on creating these types of pages.
- Some pages can be created using the Family Tree Explorer. See the FTE tutorial for more information.