Original Suggestion and Discussion
Right now there is a large list of potential duplicate pages that are being worked on by volunteers as part of a long-term project. Is it possible to differentiate the "new" duplicates from the "old" ones? I'd like to be able to address duplicate pages (or duplicate parents/spouses) with people soon after they are created so they are fresh in users' minds. --Jennifer (JBS66) 09:01, 4 December 2011 (EST)
- I could highlight duplicates that weren't in the list 7 (or maybe 30?) days ago. That wouldn't be too difficult. Would that work? If so, what would be the right number of days?--Dallan 22:47, 5 December 2011 (EST)
- That sounds workable to me. I think 10 days would be good. --Jennifer (JBS66) 06:54, 6 December 2011 (EST)
- I support this request. I was just wanting it yesterday! Thanks! Jillaine 12:31, 1 November 2012 (EDT)
- It might be nice to email weekly/monthly changes (would daily be too often?) to users since few users seem to actively maintain their duplicates list. This maintenance, along with monitoring changes to one's watchlist, are responsibilities that perhaps not all new users understand or buy into, but may be just as useful/important to collaboration as inputting data. --Jrich 10:02, 4 December 2011 (EST)
- I've also been thinking that maybe a monthly email to every user might be beneficial. It could include a summary of pages that have been changed by others but the user hasn't visited yet, warnings, duplicates, general news and new features that have been added to the website, and whatever else we can think of to encourage people to revisit the website.--Dallan 22:47, 5 December 2011 (EST)
Admin follow up (Nov 2016)
We are currently working through the backlog of old suggestions. Due to the length of time since initial submission, it is possible that this request is no longer needed or that a workaround has been found. Please help us to prioritize our current workflow by either reaffirming the need for this request as is or updating it.
- Differentiating new duplicates from old ones - As a result of the excellent work on the Duplicates project, the usual Duplicates report  is significantly smaller today than it was in 2011, so the initial request is no longer be needed.
- Daily/weekly/monthly email to users - there are no plans to do this in the near future
Note: This Suggestion will be moved to the archive if no further response or objection is received within 10 days. --cos1776 21:17, 19 November 2016 (UTC)