Person:Maximillian Jackson (1) had two wives but marriage date is known for only the 2nd marriage. When the 1st wife died before the second marriage, couldn't we have the marriages sorted so that the first wife and children show on the page before or above the table for the 2nd wife and children?
--Janiejac 19:42, 11 January 2012 (EST)
- They do sort by date - all you have to do is make sure there is an estimate. Since he had a child 1868 by his first wife, it would be easy enough to add Bef 1868 and they will order correctly. It also makes sure the marriage sorts correctly with the Facts and Events on the Person page. If you hadn't put "date unknown" in the date field, that marriage to Mary Burch wouldn't even have shown up at all under Facts and Events. --Jrich 21:10, 11 January 2012 (EST)
- Thanks, I'll go put in an estimate. Still, it would be nice if the system would be smart enough to figure out she was the first wife. Dallan probably has much higher priorities than this. --Janiejac 22:54, 11 January 2012 (EST)
- I will just point out (since it might not be obvious) that you are allowed to manually change the order of the marriages when you edit the person's page. -Moverton 12:35, 13 January 2012 (EST)
- You're right - it isn't obvious. Even after you've told me it can be done manually, I still don't know how. --Janiejac 23:24, 23 January 2012 (EST)
- When you edit the page, you will see the family pages listed under the title "Spouse and children family". As you move your mouse cursor down across the family page names you should see the icon change as it crosses the borders around the names. When it does, you can then drag it with the mouse. Moverton 14:49, 24 January 2012 (EST)