Family pages are specially formatted wiki pages that are designed to contain information about a family, meaning a husband, his wife, and their children.
- Share information with your relatives about your ancestors.
- Automatically create pages for all your known ancestors by uploading a GEDCOM file.
- Collaborate with others on the same webpage to completely document a family's history.
- Include dates, places, famiy stories, and digital images of wedding photos or marriage licenses--pretty much anything you want!
- Link to individualized person pages for each member of the family.
- Automatically generate pedigree charts and pedi-maps.
You don't have to be a computer whiz to make these pages--if you can type with one or more fingers, you can create a family page.
- Click on the blue Family Tree box at the top of the screen.
- Under "Create a family page", enter the husband's first given name and surname, and the wife's first given name and maiden name into the appropriate fields.
- Do not include middle names or titles.
- Click "Add".
- Fill in the information you know and click on "Save page" at the bottom of the page.
For more detailed, step-by-step assistance with creating and using family pages, check out the family pages tutorial.