Pedi-maps, or pedigree maps, are automatically generated maps that mark the locations of important events in the history of a person or family. Pedi-maps on WeRelate are powered by Google.
- Pedi-maps are automatically generated based on the research that you enter on person or family pages
- Event locations are geocoded to exact geographic coordinates
- Event markers are color-coded for easy reading
- Access pedi-maps with the click of a button
- Get an overview of the migration of a family over time
- Toggle between geographic and satellite maps
- Simultaneously view pedi-maps and pedigree charts
Here's how to view the pedi-map of one of your ancestors:
- Access your ancestor's person page. (If you have not yet created a person page, follow these instructions.)
- Click on the Pedi-map link at the top of the page.
- Scroll down beneath the pedigree chart to find the pedi-map.