Welcome to WeRelate, your virtual genealogical community. We're glad you have joined us. At WeRelate you can easily create ancestor web pages, connect with cousins and other genealogists, and find new information. To get started:
- Take the WeRelate tour to see what you can do.
- Review the tutorials to learn how to make wiki pages for your ancestors.
- Read the etiquette page to learn expected behavior in a wiki.
If you need any help, I will be glad to answer your questions. Just click on my signature link below and then click on the “Leave a message” link under my name in the upper left corner of my profile page. Thanks for participating and see you around!--Jstump 12:56, 7 November 2008 (EST)
Uploading Images [8 November 2008]
I saw your question on the Help:Help needed page.
For complete instructions on adding images to your page see: Help:Images tutorial.
The instructions under Lesson Two: Uploading an image will be especially helpful.--JBS66 16:32, 8 November 2008 (EST)
Person:Henry Hart (4) [11 November 2008]
I think the page you are looking for is Person:Henry Hart (4). If you want to edit his personal data, just select the edit link at the top of the page. If you want to enter marriage information or the names of his children, you will need to create a family page.
From his person page,
- select edit,
- next to the Spouse and Children family group page field there is a link Find/Add, click on that link.
- Enter the father's given and surname and the mother's given and surname. Select add/find.
- Look at the search list, if there is not already a page created for that family, add the page. If there is already a page, click on the select button, you have just found a cousin that wants to collaborate.
- Once you add the family page, you can edit it and add the marriage info and names of children.
- After you have saved the family page, click on the red links for the children to create their person pages.
That's it. You might want to watch the video tutorials if you want to watch how to do certain things. Please let me know if you need any more help :)--sq 00:45, 11 November 2008 (EST)
Henry Hart [28 January 2009]
What seems to have happened is that you inadvertently created an ARTICLE page for your Henry Hart, in addition to a PERSON or FAMILY page. I am going to move over all of the text from that article for you, and put it on this family page instead Family:Henry Hart and Elizabeth Granger (1).
That is the first step. Next, you will need to create pages for each of the children. Solveig wrote nice instructions in the post just above this one. Also, there are tutorials for creating pages - Help:Person pages tutorial and Help:Family pages tutorial are just two.
It does take some time and practice learning all of the features of WeRelate. I hope creating your Henry Hart pages goes well, if you have further questions, let me know.--Jennifer (JBS66) 10:32, 28 January 2009 (EST)
Family Henry Hart and Elizabeth Granger [28 January 2009]
It looks like you're moving along with making the children's pages! I hope you don't mind, but I noticed a couple of things that I need to fix (not a problem - part of my job as a volunteer here). Two pages were created for Family:Henry Hart and Elizabeth Granger (1) and Family:Henry Hart and Elizabeth Granger (3). If you are online line now, post back and I can walk you through how to add these new children's pages to the correct FAMILY page. Also, let me know if these are indeed the same family, and I will merge the two pages together for you (you won't lose any information).--Jennifer (JBS66) 14:57, 28 January 2009 (EST)
I am still on line. I did not realize I have two pages for Henry Jackson Hart Sr. & Elizabeth Granger. I did notice the children are not in order and I did type them that way.
Also Henry Jackson Hart Jr. & Elizabeth Granger had a son named Henry Jackson Hart Jr. & his wife Milly Jane Stull & their children are not listed in the correct order as I originally typed them.
Henry Jackson Hart Jr. went by the name Jackson Hart & not Henry Jackson Hart Jr.
Phyllis--GenLady5555 15:31, 28 January 2009 (EST)
Ok, I merged the two Family:Henry Hart and Elizabeth Granger (1) and Family:Henry Hart and Elizabeth Granger (3) pages together.
Now, take a look at this page Person:Henry Hart (4). See on the left side where it lists "Child of family" many times. What that is showing is that Henry Hart is a child of 7 different sets of parents! Not quite what you wanted I bet! Here are instructions for putting the pages you made where you intended
- Go to this page Person:Henry Hart (4), click on edit, and delete all of the children who are listed under Parents and Siblings family group page (make sure to only keep Henry Hart's parents here!)
- Go to this FAMILY page Family:Henry Hart and Elizabeth Granger (1), click edit, and put all of those children under Children.
What happened is that you put the children in a PERSON, when they should be in a FAMILY page.
When you are all set with that, post back, I have one more thing to walk you through!--Jennifer (JBS66) 15:47, 28 January 2009 (EST)
Thomas Spencer and Margaret Hart (1) [31 January 2009]
Regarding your question about the Family:Thomas Spencer and Margaret Hart (1) page. You are seeing incorrect information on this page because of the issue that I wrote about in the post above. That page is showing that Thomas Spencer and Margaret Hart had a CHILD named Henry Jackson Hart, Sr., which I know is not what you intended. I suggest that you address the issues in the post above first, and then see how the pages look after that.--Jennifer (JBS66) 06:57, 31 January 2009 (EST)
Help [31 January 2009]
I am online now too. If possible, can you keep this talk page open, and then open this page: Family:Henry Hart and Elizabeth Granger (1) in another browser window (so you can easily go back and forth between the two). I can help, but it would be easier to do this while posting instructions and questions back and forth.
When you have the Family:Henry Hart and Elizabeth Granger (1) page open, post on this talk page, and I will describe what to do next.
Thank You!--Jennifer (JBS66) 16:08, 31 January 2009 (EST)
I worked on your pages tonight [1 February 2009]
I worked on fixing your Hart pages tonight. I went by the text you had on this page: Family:Henry Hart and Elizabeth Granger (1). Because I created new Person Pages on your behalf, you are going to have to manually choose to Watch these new pages. It is very important that you do the following in order to receive notices if one of your pages is changed:
- Go to each one of the pages below, click on the word WATCH in the upper right side of the screen.
- Also, since I am not familiar with this family, I certainly could have made mistakes. Please check over my work, and let me know if there are any problems.
--Jennifer (JBS66) 03:24, 1 February 2009 (EST)
A few questions before adding more children [3 February 2009]
Phyllis, I'm glad I was able to help. Before you begin adding additional children, can we clarify a couple of things?
- You said: "I noticed that Mahala Hart b. 1823 should be between David Hart & William Hart. "
- Were you able to watch the pages as I described above?
- You said: "Now, I'd like to start listing the children of my great grandfather Henry Jackson Hart Sr. Can I go ahead and start that process? "
- On this page Family:Henry Hart and Elizabeth Granger (1), it shows Henry Hart, Sr. married Elizabeth Granger, and they had 8 children. Aren't these the children of Henry Jackson Hart Sr? Can you clarify which children you want to add.
If you can clarify this, then I can proceed with helping you add future family and person pages.
Jennifer--Jennifer (JBS66) 19:34, 3 February 2009 (EST)