Article page rather than Surname page [11 December 2012]
Hi AndrewRT, pages in the Surname namespace are reserved for a single Surname, rather than a Surname in a location. For this type of page, you would use the Article namespace with the title in the format Tulloch in Westray, Orkney, Scotland. --Jennifer (JBS66) 18:36, 28 November 2012 (EST)
- ok, happy to move AndrewRT 18:37, 28 November 2012 (EST)
- You've done a nice job with this article! I'll unwatch this page so that you can delete it (More>Delete). If the system doesn't allow you to delete it, just let me know and I can do that for you. --Jennifer (JBS66) 18:55, 28 November 2012 (EST)
- I don't seem to have deletion rights - could you do this instead? Thanks for comments re page, please let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements. What would it need to have to become a featured page? AndrewRT 19:01, 28 November 2012 (EST)--Jennifer (JBS66) 19:03, 28 November 2012 (EST)
- Hmmm... I have a few thoughts.
- It may be helpful to add a few links within the article to other WR pages, such as the Person page for Thomas Tulloch (and others mentioned in the article) and the Place page for the Island of Westray.
- An image or map of the area might be a nice addition.
- You could use ref tags instead of  for easier readibility. For example: <ref>[http://www.westrayheritage.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=126&Itemid=82&limitstart=1 Noltland Castle]</ref> Then place <references/> at the end of the article.
- Fix Item #2, where Surnames on Westray leads to a 404 page. --Jennifer (JBS66) 19:35, 28 November 2012 (EST)
- Many thanks - I'll work through these. Please let me know if you have any more ideas! AndrewRT 14:07, 30 November 2012 (EST)
- ok, all done. The British Surnames site is down so I've replaced it with an archive version - shame, as not all the detail has been saved there. However, I think it's adequate for these purposes. AndrewRT 17:59, 30 November 2012 (EST)
Looks great! I've nominated this page for Featured page of the week. --Jennifer (JBS66) 11:24, 11 December 2012 (EST)