||The History of the Descendants of Elder John Strong, of Northampton, Mass.
||Dwight, Benjamin Woodbridge
||Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts, United States
Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Hingham, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
||Allen, Bartlett, Clapp, Clark, Cook, Dean, Dwight, Ford, Lee, Lyman, Minor, Norton, Parsons, Pomeroy, Pond, Prudden, Root, Strong, Walker, White
||Albany, New York
|Number of Volumes
|Dwight, Benjamin Woodbridge. The History of the Descendants of Elder John Strong, of Northampton, Mass. (Albany, New York: J. Munsell, 1871).|
John Strong Jr. (ca.1610-1699) was a son of John Stronge Sr. and Eleanor Dean of Chard, Somerset County, England. John Jr. immigrated in 1630 to Hingham, Massachusetts, and married twice (once in England). In 1646 the family moved to Windsor, Connecticut, and in 1659 to Northampton, Massachusetts. Descendants and relatives lived in New England, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois, North Dakota, California and elsewhere. Includes ancestry to the 1500s in England.
- 1949 - Microfilm of original. Connecticut State Library (Hartford. History of the descendants of Elder John Strong of Northampton, Massachusetts, 1545-1894. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1949).
- 197? - Microfilm of original. Ann Arbor, Michigan : University Microfilms International.
- 1975 - Microfilm of original. Reston, Virginia: Strong Family Association of America, 1975 (Baltimore : Gateway Press)
- In 2 Volumes therefore citations should include volume and page number.
- Vol. 2 includes indexes (surname only, given name and locality, and full name).
- May be accessed online (see above) or ordered through the nearest Family History Center.
FHL film numbers
- 844959 Item 1
- 962465 Item 1
- 1011921 Items 1-2
- 3013 Item 1 - 1849 reprint
- 940031 Item 1