Wyke Regis is a village in south Dorset, England. The village is part of the south western suburbs of Weymouth, on the northern shore of Portland Harbour and the south-eastern end of Chesil Beach. Wyke is 15 kilometres (9 mi) south of the county town, Dorchester. The village has a population of around 5,500.
Wyke Regis was originally in the Liberty of Wyke Regis and Elwell. From 1835 until 1894 it was considered to be part of Weymouth and Melcombe Regis Municipal Borough. In 1894 until 1933 it was a civil parish in Weymouth Rural District, and was then absorbed into Weymouth and Chickerell civil parishes. Despite its distance from Wimborne St. Giles, it was also considered to be in Wimborne St. Giles Hundred. (Source:A Vision of Britain through Time)