The Wilno Voivodeship, was one of Voivodeships in the Second Polish Republic, with the capital in Wilno. It was created in 1926 and populated predominantly by Poles with notable minorities of Belarusians, Jews, and Lithuanians.
Wilno Voivodeship area was 29,011 square kilometers with the population of 1,276 million. Following the German and Soviet invasion of Poland, at the insistence of Soviet leader Joseph Stalin at the Tehran Conference of 1943, Poland's borders were redrawn and Wilno Voivodeship was incorporated into the Lithuanian and Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republics. The Polish population was forcibly resettled at the end of World War II. Since 1991, the former territory of the voivodeship is a part of Lithuania and Belarus.