The parish church is a Grade I listed building dedicated to All Saints, dating from the 11th century, and built from ironstone. The font is 15th-century, and the former north aisle chapel was a chantry founded in 1373 for John Pouger and dissolved in 1548. The churchyard cross is 14th-century, although it was restored in the 19th century, and is both Grade II listed and a scheduled monument.
Packhorse Bridge is also a Grade II* ironstone listed bridge over the River Rase. The bridge dates from the 15th century with 20th-century alterations. It consists of a narrow bridge with 3 arches and cobbled surface. It is a scheduled monument.
The Post Office is a Grade II listed former cottage, now a shop and house, dating from the late 17th century with 20th-century alterations and additions. It is likely to have been mud and stud originally, but is now underbuilt in red brick with a thatched roof.
Lincolnshire is very low-lying and land had to be drained for agriculture to be successful. The larger drainage channels, many of which are parallel to each other, became boundaries between parishes. Many parishes are long and thin for this reason.
There is much fenland in Lincolnshire, particularly in the Boston and Horncastle areas. Fenlands tended to be extraparochial before the mid 1850s, and although many sections were identified with names and given the title "civil parish", little information has been found about them. Many appear to be abolished in 1906, but the parish which adopts them is not given in A Vision of Britain through Time. Note the WR category Lincolnshire Fenland Settlements which is an attempt to organize them into one list.
From 1889 until 1974 Lincolnshire was divided into three administrative counties: Parts of Holland, Parts of Kesteven and Parts of Lindsey. These formal names do not fit with modern grammatical usage, but that is what they were, nonetheless. In 1974 the northern section of Lindsey, along with the East Riding of Yorkshire, became the short-lived county of Humberside. In 1996 Humberside was abolished and the area previously in Lincolnshire was made into the two "unitary authorities" of North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire. The remainder of Lincolnshire was divided into "non-metropolitan districts" or "district municipalities" in 1974. Towns, villages and parishes are all listed under Lincolnshire, but the present-day districts are also given so that places in this large county can more easily be located and linked to their wider neighbourhoods. See the WR placepage Lincolnshire, England and the smaller divisions for further explanation.