|Alt names||Pecheham||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 150|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Kent, England|
|See also||Littlefield Hundred, Kent, England||ancient county division in which it was once located|
|Hoo Hundred, Kent, England||ancient county division in which it was once located|
|Malling Rural, Kent, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1974|
|Tonbridge and Malling District, Kent, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
West Peckham is a village and civil parish in the local government district of Tonbridge and Malling in Kent, England. The River Bourne flows through the extreme west of the parish, and formerly powered a paper mill (Hamptons mill) and corn mill (Oxenhoath Mill). The Wateringbury Stream rises in the parish. Oxon Hoath is the former manor house of West Peckham. The population of West Peckham according to the UK census of 2011 was 350.
West Peckham has a Saxon church (pre-1066) dedicated to St. Dunstan.
- Kent County Council Archive, Local Studies and Museums Service. James Whatman Way, Maidstone, Kent ME14 1LQ. This incorporates the Centre for Kentish Studies in Maidstone and the East Kent Archives Centre near Dover.
- Canterbury Cathedral Archives see the Archives web pages on the Canterbury Catherdral site.
- For information on the area around the Medway Towns, have a look at Medway Council's CityArk site.
- Ordnance Survey Maps of England and Wales - Revised: Kent illustrates the parish boundaries of Kent when rural districts were still in existence and before Greater London came into being. The map publication year is 1931. An earlier map of 1900 may also be useful. The maps blow up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets. Maps in this series are now downloadable for personal use.
- Steve Archer has produced a very useful round-up of the available census records for Kent - and where/from whom they are available.
- Registration Districts in Kent for the period 1837 to the present. By drilling down through the links you can follow any parish through the registration districts to which it was attached.
- Bishop's Transcripts for Kent parishes, 1558-1887, can be found on FamilySearch since February 2016
- The Kent Family History Society and the North West Kent Family History Society are the most dominant, but there are also
Categories: Kent, England | West Peckham, Kent, England | Hoo Hundred, Kent, England | Littlefield Hundred, Kent, England | Malling Rural, Kent, England | Tonbridge and Malling District, Kent, England