Uddingston was located in the parish of Bothwell until parishes were abolished in 1975. Its population in 2001 (the last census available) was 5,576. A brief but interesting description can be found at Scottish Places.
Uddingston should not be confused with Uddington, a much smaller village further south in the former parish of Douglas.
Refer to the parish of Bothwell for locations of parish records, vital records since 1855 and censuses. Also for historical descriptions of the area.