- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Tweedmouth is really a suburb of Berwick upon Tweed and its port. There is no separate article in Wikipedia, but a long one on Berwick.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Tweedmouth from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "TWEEDMOUTH, a village, a township, and a parish, in Berwick [registration] district, Northumberland. The village stands on the Northeastern railway, at the junction of the branch to Kelso, 1 mile S of Berwick; had a castle, founded by King John, and destroyed by William of Scotland; is a seat of petty-sessions; carries on industry in iron foundries, a brewery, saw-mills, a paper mill, and engine works; and has a great [railway] station with telegraph, a church, two Presbyterian chapels, an ultra-mural cemetery, and a national school.
- "The township comprises 1,931 acres of land and 397 of water. Population: 2,884. Houses, 394.
- "The parish contains also Spittal and Ord townships, and comprises 5,140 acres. Post town: Berwick-upon-Tweed. Real property: £15,251; of which £150 are in quarries, £475 in mines, £316 in fisheries, and £500 in gasworks. Population: 5,414. Houses: 789. The manor belongs to the corporation of Berwick. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Durham. Value: £300. Patrons: the Dean and Chapter of [Durham].
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.