- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Todenham from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "TODDENHAM, a parish, with a village, in the [registration] district of Shipston-on-Stour and county of Gloucester; 3¼ miles NE of Moreton [railway] station. Post town, Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Acres: 2,477. Real property: £3,616. Population: 408. Houses: 90. The manor, with [Todenham] House, belongs to Sir P. Pole, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value: £470.* Patron: the Bishop of [Gloucester and Bristol]. The church is good, and has a tower and spire."
Todenham was in Campden Rural District from 1894 until 1935 when the rural district was broken up and the majority of it (including Todenham) was transferred to the newly-formed and larger North Cotswold Rural District. It is now part of the administrative district of Cotswold formed in 1974.
Shipston-on-Stour (1837 - 1931)
Stow-on-the-Wold (1932 - 1937)
North Cotswold (1937 - 2006)
Gloucestershire (2006 - )
Online sources which may also be helpful:
- Todenham from A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 6/Westminster hundred in the Victoria County History series provided by the website British History Online
- GENUKI gives pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the county. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire provides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county
Categories: Gloucestershire, England | Westminster (hundred), Gloucestershire, England | Campden Rural, Gloucestershire, England | North Cotswold Rural, Gloucestershire, England | Cotswold (district), Gloucestershire, England | Todenham, Gloucestershire, England | Shipston-on-Stour Registration District, Warwickshire, England | Stow-on-the-Wold Registration District, Gloucestershire, England | North Cotswold Registration District, Gloucestershire, England | Gloucestershire Registration District, Gloucestershire, England
Help fund new features!