Tilney St Lawrence is a village and a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. The village is 52.3 miles (84.2 km) west of Norwich, 9.7 miles (15.6 km) south-south-west of King's Lynn and 104 miles (167 km) north of London. The nearest town is Wisbech in Cambridgeshire which is 8.3 miles (13.4 km) west-south-west of the village. The village lies to the south of the route of the A47 main road between Peterborough and Kings Lynn.
The parish of Tilney St Lawrence had a population of 1,465 in the 2001 UK census, increasing to 1,576 at the 2011 UK census. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
In 1935 Tilney St Lawrence was reduced in size to create the parish of Marshland St. James, but was enlarged by the abolition of the parish of Tilney with Islington and by gaining part of the parish of Wiggenhall St. Mary the Virgin. (Source:A Vision of Britain through Time) Following this merger Tilney St. Lawrence became the fourth largest civil parish in area in the Marshland region.
The parishes of Tilney All Saints and Tilney St. Lawrence have been linked ecclesiastically since the 19th century.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Tilney St Lawrence.