Talland (Cornish: Tallan) has been, since 1934, a hamlet and ecclesiastical parish between Looe and Polperro on the south coast of Cornwall, England (the parish includes most of the village of Polperro where there is a chapel of ease. Formerly it also included the town of West Looe). It is now in the civil parish of Lansallos and consists of a church, the former vicarage and a few houses.
Talland was a civil parish from 1866 until 1934 when it was abolished and became mostly part of Lansallos parish with sections going to the newly designated Looe Civil Parish. Prior to 1934 it had been part of the Liskeard Rural District from 1894.
An important source for the history is Jonathan Couch's History of Polperro, (1871), issued after his death by his son, T. Q. Couch and abridgements of it have been issued many times since: see History of Polperro
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.