A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Sutton-by-Dover from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
There is no article in Wikipedia.
Sutton-by-Dover was a civil parish in Eastry Rural District from 1894 until 1974. In 1935 the area of the parish was expanded when the neighbouring parish of Little Mongeham was absorbed into it. Today the whole area is part of the non-metropolitan District of Dover.