- source: Family History Library Catalog
Little Mongeham is a small hamlet near Dover in Kent, England. The main buildings are Little Mongeham House and Manor Farm.
Little Mongeham was a civil parish until 1935 when it was abolished and the land transferred to the neighbouring parish of Sutton by Dover. Since 1974 the area is covered by the non-metropolitan Dover District. Originally it was an ancient parish in the Bewsborough Hundred.
- Kent County Council Archive, Local Studies and Museums Service. James Whatman Way, Maidstone, Kent ME14 1LQ. This incorporates the Centre for Kentish Studies in Maidstone and the East Kent Archives Centre near Dover.
- Canterbury Cathedral Archives see the Archives web pages on the Canterbury Catherdral site.
- For information on the area around the Medway Towns, have a look at Medway Council's CityArk site.
- Ordnance Survey Maps of England and Wales - Revised: Kent illustrates the parish boundaries of Kent when rural districts were still in existence and before Greater London came into being. The map publication year is 1931. An earlier map of 1900 may also be useful. The maps blow up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets. Maps in this series are now downloadable for personal use.
- Census records for Kent are available on FamilySearch, Ancestry and FindMyPast. The first site is free; the other two are pay sites but have access to microfilmed images. Steve Archer produced a very useful round-up of the available sources, but this information may not be up to date.
- Registration Districts in Kent for the period 1837 to the present. By drilling down through the links you can follow any parish through the registration districts to which it was attached.
- England, Kent, Parish Registers, 1538-1911 The full database from Kent Archives Office, Maidstone, has been available online from FamilySearch since June 2016.
- Kent had five family history societies (now only four):
Categories: Kent, England | Little Mongeham, Kent, England | Sutton by Dover, Kent, England | Cornillo Hundred, Kent, England | Eastry Rural, Kent, England | Dover District, Kent, England