Place:St Olave, Southwark, Surrey, England

NameSt Olave
Alt namesSouthwark St Olave
TypeFormer parish
Coordinates51.506352°N 0.086501°W
Located inSouthwark, Surrey, England
Also located inBermondsey, Greater London, England     (1904 - )


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Southwark St Olave was an ancient civil and ecclesiastical parish on the south bank of the River Thames, covering the area around where Shard London Bridge now stands in the modern London Borough of Southwark. The boundaries varied over time but in general the parish stretched east from London Bridge past Tower Bridge to St Saviour's Dock. Southwark St Olave and St Thomas replaced the civil parish in 1896. It was abolished in 1904 and absorbed by Bermondsey parish.

St Olave was a parish in the Borough of Southwark in the county of Surrey. It lay on the south bank of the River Thames directly opposite the City of London and adjoining London Bridge.

The parish was merged with neighbouring St Thomas Southwark in 1896 to form the parish of Southwark St Olave and St Thomas, which became part of the Metropolitan Borough of Bermondsey in the county of London in 1900. Since 1965 the area has come under the jurisdiction of the London Borough of Southwark.

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Southwark St Olave. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.