Place:Shellow Bowells, Essex, England

NameShellow Bowells
Alt namesSceldasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 105
Scelgasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 105
Shellow-Bowellssource: Family History Library Catalog
TypeInhabited place
Coordinates51.75°N 0.333°E
Located inEssex, England
See alsoOngar Rural, Essex, Englandrural district of which it was located 1894-1955
Willingale, Essex, Englandparish into which it was absorbed in 1946
Epping and Ongar Rural, Essex, England|rural district of which it was located 1955-1974
Epping Forest (district), Essex, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Shellow Bowells is a village and former civil parish in Essex, England. Since 1946 it has been part of the civil parish of Willingale.

It is located 6 miles (9.6km) to the west of Chelmsford, between the villages of Willingale on its westerly border and Roxwell to the east.

The parish was part of the Ongar Rural District from 1894 until 1946. Following its absorption into Willigale it continued to be in the area of Ongar Rural District. When Ongar Rural District was abolished in 1955 Willingale joined Epping and Ongar Rural District until 1974 and, since 1974, has been located in the Epping Forest District of Essex.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Shellow Bowells. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.