- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Seasalter from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "SEASALTER, a parish in Blean district, Kent; on the coast, and on the N line of the Southeastern railway, westward from Whitstable. It contains part of Whitstable; was a borough at Domesday, called Le-saltre, and possessing eight fisheries; has now no village; and is a liberty. Post-town, Whitstable, under Canterbury. Acres: 3,171; of which 1,720 are water. Real property: £5,426. Population in 1851: 1,240; in 1861: 1,378. Houses: 269. The property is much subdivided. Oyster fishing is carried on. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value: £160. Patrons: the Dean and Chapter of the old church is now used only for burials. The new church stands in Whitstable, and was built in 1845. There are an endowed school with £24 a year, and other charities £53."
In 1894 the parish of Seasalter was divided into two sections with part being absorbed into Whitstable (and named Whitstable Urban) and the other becoming a civil parish named Whitstable cum Seasalter which was located in Blean Rural District.
Since 1934 the whole of Seasalter has been part of Whitstable and since 1974 part of the City of Canterbury District.