|Alt names||Roluesbe||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 193|
|Rothbfuesbei||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 193|
|Rotholfuesbei||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 193|
|Rotholfuesbey||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 193|
|Thoroluesby||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 193|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England|
|See also||West Flegg Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|East and West Flegg Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Rollesby is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It is situated on the A149 road, adjacent to Rollesby Broad and Ormesby Broad, about 12 km (7.5 mi) northwest of the town of Great Yarmouth and 30 km (19 mi) east of the city of Norwich.
The civil parish has an area of 5.91 km2 (2.28 sq mi) and in the 2001 UK census had a population of 995 in 408 households, the population reducing at the 2011 UK census to 946. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the District of Great Yarmouth.
The church of Rollesby St George is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk and is a Grade II* listed building.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Rollesby. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901