- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Randwick from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "RANDWICK, a village and a parish in Stroud district, Gloucester. The village stands 1½ mile N W of Stroud [railway] station, and has a post-office under Stroud. The parish contains also the hamlet of Oxlinch, and is all within Stroud borough. Acres: 1,260. Real property: £2,702; of which £173 are in railways. Population in 1851: 959; in 1861: 1,060. Houses: 234. The property is much sub-divided. The manor belongs to F. J. R. Barrow, Esq. Rylands, Blenheim House, and Longcourt are chief residences. Randwick Ash commands a fine view of the vale of Gloucester and the Malvern hills. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value: £130. Patron: the Vicar of Standish. The church is later English and Tudor; was restored the nave almost rebuilt in 1865; and has a tower. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, an endowed national school with £40 a year, and charities £50."