- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Poulton from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "POULTON, a parish in Dover district, Kent; 1¾ mile S W of Ewell [railway] station, and 3¼ W of Dover. Post-town, Dover. Acres, 990. Real property: £648. Population: 28. Houses: 3. Remains of Bradsole abbey are here; but there is no church. See Bradsole."
Bradsole Abbey or St. Radegund's Abbey was a medieval monastic house in the parish of Hougham Without near Dover in southeast England. (Source:Wikipedia).
Poulton was a civil parish in Dover Rural District from 1894 until 1934 when it was abolished to enlarge Dover civil parish and Hougham Without civil parish. (Source:A Vision of Britain through Time)
Since 1974 the area has been part of Dover non-metropolitan District.
Categories: Kent, England | Poulton, Kent, England | Dover Rural, Kent, England | Dover, Kent, England | Hougham Without, Kent, England | Dover (district), Kent, England