Gerrans (Cornish: Gerens) is a coastal civil parish and village on the Roseland Peninsula in Cornwall, England. The village adjoins Portscatho (the villages have almost merged into one but retain their identities) on the east side of the peninsula. The village is situated approximately seven miles (11 km) south-southeast of Truro.
The name Gerrans derives from Gerent, an 8th-century Cornish saint. The parish runs north-south along the eastern side of the Roseland peninsula. It is bounded to the south and east by the sea, to the west by St. Just-in-Roseland parish, and to the north by Philleigh parish. The population was 933 in the 2001 UK census. Trewithian is the only settlement of any size in the parish apart from Gerrans and Portscatho.
Gerrans was part of the Truro Rural District from 1894 until 1974.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.