Pirton is a small village and civil parish three miles north-west of Hitchin in Hertfordshire, England. The church, rebuilt in 1877, but with the remains of its 12th-century tower, is built within the bailey of a former castle. Pirton Grange, which was remodelled in the 18th century, is in the north of the parish, and is a particularly interesting, moated Elizabethan house with a timber framed gatehouse. Hammonds Farm and Rectory Farm, with its tithe barn, are also Elizabethan.
Pirton is one of the ancient parishes of Hertfordshire. The registers start from 1558 and are held at Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies under reference DP/80.