- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Pinnock and Hyde from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "PINNOCK and HYDE, a township chiefly in Didbrook parish, Gloucester; 4½ miles E by S of Winchcomb. Acres, 1,050: Real property, with Ford: £1,799. Population: 50. Houses: 10. It ranks ecclesiastically as a parish; and the living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Didbrook; but there is no church."
A Vision of Britain through Time also states that the township became a civil parish in 1866 and it continued as such until 1935. It was part of Winchcombe Rural District until 1935. In that year the civil parish was abolished and the area was transferred to the adjacent Temple Guiting parish. Ford is a hamlet within the parish.
There is no article in Wikipedia.
Online sources which may also be helpful:
- GENUKI gives pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the county. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire provides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county
- Unfortunately, A History of the County of Gloucester in the Victoria County History series provided by the website British History Online does not cover this part of the county