Place:Paston, Northumberland, England

Watchers
NamePaston
TypeTownship, Civil parish
Coordinates55.588°N 2.234°W
Located inNorthumberland, England     ( - 1955)
See alsoKirknewton, Northumberland, Englandancient parish in which it was a township
Glendale Ward, Northumberland, Englandancient county division in which it was located
source: Family History Library Catalog


A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Paston from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"PASTON, a township in Kirknewton parish, Northumberland; on the river Beaumont, 9½ miles N W of Wooler. Acres: 2,236. Population: 189. Houses: 33."

Paston was a township in the ancient parish of Kirknewton and became a separate civil parish in 1866. In 1955 the civil parish was abolished and the area was absorbed into the parish of Kilham.


Research Tips

  • Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.