- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Outchester from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "OUTCHESTER, a township in Bambrough parish, Northumberland; on the river Warn, near its outlet into Budle bay, 2½ miles E by S of Belford. Acres: 1,044. Population: 116. Houses: 18. The "Castrum Ulterius" of the Romans was here; and remains exist of a square Roman camp, with a double rampart and a wide fosse.
In 1955 Outchester was abolished as a civil parish and the area absorbed into the civil parish of Easington.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.