Olive Green historically was a post village in the northwestern part of the township of Sharon, county of Noble, state of Ohio, United States of America. It was situated near Olive Green Creek, after which it was named, in the southwest quarter of section 2 of township 7, range 10 (2nd Congressional Survey). James Caldwell started the first store at Olive Green in 1856, and Jacob Swank began building a mill here in the same year. The Olive Green Post Office was established on 21 May 1857, with James Caldwell as the first postmaster. Its name was changed to Olivegreen Post Office on 3 April 1894, and it was discontinued on 15 Oct. 1925.