|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Durham, England ( - 1937)|
|See also||Auckland St. Andrew, Durham, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Darlington Ward, Durham, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Auckland Rural, Durham, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Spennymoor, Durham, England||parish into which it was absorbed in 1937|
|Sedgefield District, Durham, England||district municipality covering the area 1974-2009|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Old Park from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "OLD PARK, a township in Auckland, St. Andrew parish, Durham; 2¾ miles N E of Bishop-Auckland. Acres: 401. Real property: £1,222; of which £897 are in mines. Population: 23. Houses: 3. A mansion here belongs to the Warton family; was rebuilt by Dr. Warton; and was frequently visited in his time by the poet Gray."
Old Park was originally a township in the ancient parish of Auckland St. Andrew in County Durham. It became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 it was part of Auckland Rural District. In 1937 it was abolished and absorbed into Spennymoor. Between 1974 and 2009 it became part of the larger Sedgefield non-metropolitan district. Since 2009 County Durham has been a unitary authority.
Categories: Durham, England | Old Park, Durham, England | Auckland St. Andrew, Durham, England | Darlington Ward, Durham, England | Auckland Rural, Durham, England | Spennymoor, Durham, England | Sedgefield District, Durham, England