- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Oddington is a civil parish made up of two adjoining villages: Lower Oddington and Upper Oddington. They are located in the Cotswold District of the English county of Gloucestershire, England. In 2010 the parish had an estimated population of 477.
The two villages are located to the south of the A436 road and east of the town of Stow-on-the-Wold.
Stow-on-the-Wold (1837 - 1937)
North Cotswold (1937 - 2006)
Gloucestershire (2006 - )
Online sources which may also be helpful:
- Oddington from A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 6/Slaughter hundred] in the Victoria County History series provided by the website British History Online
- GENUKI gives pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the county. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire provides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county