North Runcton is a village and a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. The village is 43.2 miles (69.5 km) west of Norwich, 4.3 miles (6.9 km) south-south-west of King's Lynn and 102 miles (164 km) north of London. The village is located a small distance south-west of the A47 between King's Lynn and Swaffham. The nearest railway station is at King's Lynn for the Fen Line which runs between King's Lynn and Cambridge. The parish of North Runcton had a population of 519 in the 2001 UK census, increasing to 549 at the 2011 UK census. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
The name North Runcton is thought to originate from the Old English for "settlement at the north bridge", or the "northern settlement at the bridge". The village is close to the village of West Winch, only 1 mile (1.6 km) west along Rectory Lane. The road south from the common leads to Setchey which is 2 miles (3.2 km) away. Other nearby villages include Middleton and Blackborough End. The village surrounded by arable farmland. In the centre of the village is the green and All Saints' parish church.
There was an ancient or ecclesiastical parish named "North Runcton with Hardwicke and Setchey". North Runcton and Setchey became separate civil parishes. Hardwicke was a hamlet within North Runcton parish. (Source:John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72 as provided by A Vision of Britain through Time)
NOTE: The population in 2001 was quoted from Wikipedia at 266. This was found to be incorrect and the true figure was as given above. (Source: Office for National Statistics-Neighbourhood Statistics)