|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England|
|See also||Freebridge Marshland Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Marshland Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|King's Lynn, Norfolk, England||municipal borough into which it was absorbed in 1935|
|King's Lynn and West Norfolk District, Norfolk, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
North Lynn is now an urban residential area in the north or lower part of King's Lynn in the county of Norfolk, England. It was absorbed into King's Lynn Municipal Borough in 1935.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of North Lynn from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "LYNN (NORTH), a parish in [King's] Lynn [registration] district, Norfolk; on the river Ouse, opposite the lower part of [King's] Lynn. Post town: [King's] Lynn. Acres: 1,205; of which 435 are water. Population: 62. Houses: 14. The living is a rectory, annexed to the Vicarage of Lynn, in the diocese of Norwich. There is no church."
- GENUKI provides a list of references for North Lynn. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901
Categories: Norfolk, England | North Lynn, Norfolk, England | Freebridge Marshland Hundred, Norfolk, England | Marshland Rural, Norfolk, England | King's Lynn, Norfolk, England | King's Lynn and West Norfolk District, Norfolk, England